Our Lay Leadership consists of committee heads, or in presbyterian-speak, Ruling Elders. Typically, each Ruling Elder serves for a 3 year term and is responsible for a standing committee. Our current standing committees include:
The Administration committee is responsible for:
Oversight of the Church’s operating budget and financial records. The committee is broken these subcommittees:
To contact us, we can be reached via email, please click here.
• Howard Holden, Elder Class of 2020
• Vijay Aggarwal, Treasurer
• Brooke Cheston
• Weezie Duff
• Sandi Kheradi
• Bill Lawrence
• Richard Miller, Staff
• Neil Hartman, Staff
The Adult Education committee is responsible for:
Building a community marked by Christ’s love through education of mind and heart, growing into the likeness of Christ. By offering a broad variety of classes to foster learning, discussion, and growth throughout the Wayne Presbyterian congregation they support our community and each individual’s spiritual and personal growth.
The committee strives to:
• Deepen the faith of the community through study of scared scriptures;
• Challenge the community to greater piety and learning;
• Cultivate a hunger for life-long learning and development;
• Support each other as we grow into Christ’s likeness;
• Vulnerably expose our needs and ignorance for the sake of continued spiritual growth;
• Promote edifying dialogue among one another;
• Meet with a diverse community of people in shared learning;
• Inspire faithful action among the community;
• Empower people in their faith to seek justice and mercy for the world;
• Provide opportunities to share the gifts and wisdom of members of the community;
• Broaden our awareness of challenges facing life in the 21st century;
• Reinforce the best of the tradition handed down to us; and
• Explore and experience other methods of worship within the Christian tradition
2020 - 2021 Focus Areas :
Looking ahead the Adult Education Committee would like to:
• Initiate immersion experiences within our own faith and other faiths
• Develop personal spiritual practices by studying and emulating the great saints and mystics in the Christian tradition
• Experientially explore Christian traditions outside our own denomination
• Explore learning opportunities linked to travel inside and beyond the US
• Sal Ambrosio
• Rick Davis
• Pamela Jensen
• Gary Jones
• Janice Mack
• Angela Tait
• Joe VanderVeer – Elder Class of 2020
The Children's Ministry committee is responsible for:
Guiding education, worship, mission, and fellowship opportunities for families with children from birth through fifth grade. The goal of the committee is to partner with parents to nurture the faith formation and spiritual development of children and families. We do this through ministries that are Christ-centered and developmentally appropriate.
• Kelli Masters (Staff)
• Debbie Rothkopf
• Katie Kautz
• Courtney Bodnar
• Sharon Levitch
• Katie Sullivan
• Julia Thompson
• Laura Koster
• Nancy Moffitt (Music)
• Dana Arranz (Nursery School)
The Communications and Technology Committee seeks to improve and increase the information available to our congregation and to our local community regarding the many ways in which Wayne Presbyterian strives to be a vibrant, relevant and active church family.
2020 - 2021 Focus areas
• In support of covid, took the entire service offline, moving away from streamingchurch.tv to youtube.com
• Implement a new video cameras and recording software and new process for both recording and live streaming with 3 or more cameras
• Create a social media presence that is consistent across facebook, instagram and youtube
• Complete Shelby next membership and giving modules
• Implement next web experience with mobile presence using Shelby's web experience module
• Connect shelby next to shelby web experience
• Upgrade the church to Microsoft 365, creating an online, virtually integrated email, chat, filesystem
• Standardize communications templates that all committees can use that are consistently branded across all communications mechanisms (email, mailings, web, social)
• Continue to formalize the communications approach, connecting communications between news/views, waynepres, social media, vidoe (youtube), signage, etc.
• Finalize media platform guidelines
• Continue to update documentation on key technologies and communication processes
Click here to send us a picture you think would be great for our website.
The Community Fellowship committee is responsible for:
2018/2019 Focus Areas :
The Congregational Care committee is responsible for:
Envisioning and implementing programs that serve the spiritual, emotional and practical needs that confront us along life’s journey and assist Wayne Presbyterian members and the community to live their lives more abundantly by helping themselves and their loved ones.
The programs managed by the Congregational Care Committee represents a broad array of support and education for Wayne Presbyterian members and the community during the various transitions in our lives.
These programs include:
• Marriage Preparation
• Mental Health
• Walking the Mourner’s Path
• Nancy Dever
• Matt Mabe
• Lori Dziedziak
• Diane Merry
• Debby Jones
The Mission committee is responsible for:
Developing a program for church-wide participation in Mission activity.
Opportunities for Wayne Presbyterian members and the Wayne community include:
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
Hammers with Heart Construction Ministry
The Common Place
The Nominating committee is responsible for:
Annually nominating members of our congregation to fill rolling three-year Elder, Deacon and Steward terms, the succeeding six individual Nominating Committee, and Pastoral or Associate Pastoral Nominating Committees who work together as a team to fill open pastor positions when necessary.
The congregation elects its new leadership at the Annual Meeting and terms of office begin in May.
The Nominating Committee looks to the congregation for suggested member nominations and is available to our members for questions or conversations about leadership opportunities at Wayne Presbyterian.
2020 - 2021 Nominating form, please click here.
The Personnel committee is responsible for:
The Stewardship committee is responsible for:
The Women's (WinGS) committee is responsible for:
The Worship and Music committee is responsible for:
The Youth & College committee is responsible for: