Wayne Presbyterian is celebrating our 15oth year. The 15oth Committee is hard at work with planning. All events, notices and opportunities for involvement will be posted here.
Committee members include: Jenna O' Nell, Susan Aggarwal, James Barnes, Janice Mack, Connie Beecher, Mark Fabere, Casey Thompson
Interested in helping with our WPC150 events? Please let us know
Questions, please contact our Administrative Assistant, Monique Chico
As our School for Love concept takes form, more content will be provided here. For now, here's our 1st Edition of our School for Love 'Course Catalog'. It is intended to provide a high level view of all the current activities going on at our church. There are over 160 unique activities - all led by various committees from our congregation. We've organized this catalog without using church-speak - The sections are Meeting People, Helping Others, Grow your Faith, and Support Functions. There really is something for every type of personality. Take a look and we hope you feel comfortable to reach out and ask about any of these activities. School for Love 'Course Catalog'
Shane Claiborne - February 23. Learn More & Video from WPC event
Katharine Hayhoe - TBD. Learn More
Feb 23 Update:
1) Mark Beecher is digitizing several historical documents which will help Anne Clark Duncan in her writing of our 25 year history 1996-2020. Buzz Mossholder provided three CDs (yes, they still exist) of digitized and enhanced pictures from our archives including pictures of our senior pastors over the years. Ted Behr is gathering stories of the positive legacies of our pastors of the past 25 years and Fred Tangeman of the Presbyterian Historical Society has invited Anne Clark Duncan and Mark Beecher to visit the PHS archives.
2) Craig Stock, Ted Behr and Matt Mabe form our editorial team and will help edit stories and coach storytellers. Geoffrey Berwind will help integrate the stories music can tell.
3) Our Adult Education team will offer classes starting after Easter to which people can bring their stories, share them, and get help honing them. We will also train on how to capture stories from others.
4) Andrew and Sarah Hostetter want the youth to engage in story-telling this spring and Kelli Masters will engage children in storytelling this summer.
5) Our Deacons and others look forward to reaching out to members of the congregation to capture their stories.
6) Our Communications Committee is actively engaged in assessing options for capturing, archiving, and sharing stories throughout 2020
More to come
Planning is underway to curate past historical documents and pictures from our 125th anniversary and incorporate the last 25 years. History of our Stain Glass, past Pastors and more.
Dedication of Memorial Windows
Current listing of historical archives
More to come.
More to come.
Save the date Oct 24 2020
Connect our Wayne Presbyterian community by sharing and collecting stories.
(i) Calling a friend, family, present or past church member, checking in on them to see how they are doing and how the church could help, and asking them for a WPC memory
(ii) Printing this page out and sharing it - offering help as possible and as needed [ printer friendly version ]