Who We Are
Our Community Fellowship Committee is passionate about the practice of hospitality in the life our congregation. From our friendly Greeters who will meet you at the front door on Sunday mornings, to our inviting space for coffee and conversation in the Connector in between worship services, and our growing small group fellowship opportunities, we are committed to welcoming one another just as Christ welcomes us. Here at Wayne, we believe hospitality embodies our lived connection with one another as children of God.
We believe that each one of us can serve Wayne Presbyterian Church and help make it a welcoming and vibrant faith community. For pastoral support related to our Community Fellowship Committee ministries, reach out to Rev. Katy Shevel.
View our programs below to find out how you can help make our church a #WelcomingWayne community!
As our community gathers for worship and education, we want to be sure that all feel welcome! You can help by being a greeter to shepherd all who join us on Sunday morning. If you would like to help by greeting in the parking lot or connector, please sign up here.
Andrew Ministry (New Member Outreach)
Do you have a heart for making connections with new members? Do you have a passion for outreach to current members who have stopped coming to church? Are you interested in helping with New Member classes and dinners? Consider becoming an Andrew Minister!
How does the Andrew Ministry work?
· Church members volunteer to become Andrew Ministers.
· Training will take place in the fall! This will be a wonderful chance for our new team of Andrew Ministers to get to know each other and to learn how to help build community here at Wayne Pres!
What do Andrew Ministers do?
· Reach out to visitors, prospective members, and current members who have stopped coming to church.
· Help with New Member classes, dinners, and other gatherings to help shepherd folks into the life of our congregation.
· Work closely with Rev. Katy Shevel, Associate Pastor for Congregational Life.
Our Andrew Ministry program is perfect for folks with limited time to give and who want to help make our church a #welcomingwayne community! Sign up here to learn more.
Small Dinner Groups
Are you interested in being matched with a new group of friends that meet up regularly to share a meal or enjoy fellowship together? Join a Small Dinner Group! Sign up here to participate, or reach out to Rev. Katy Shevel with questions at