Construction Ministry at Wayne Presbyterian Church supports Hammers with Heart, Habitat for Humanity and Rebuilding Together Philadelphia.
Wayne Presbyterian Liaison Peter Grim
Hammers with Heart
This Wayne Presbyterian Church mission provides volunteer and material support to several home and institution repair ministries:
- Good Works of Chester County - housing repairs for the needy in Chester County
- Cornerstone Christian Academy - facility repairs
- Philadelphia Public Schools - facility repairs
- Rebuilding Together Philadelphia - housing repair for Philadelphia residents in need
- The Williamson College of the Trades - Scholarships for student education in construction trades
- Summer Trade Camp, click here for more information.
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity was founded on the idea of partnership housing – where families in need of adequate housing work shoulder-to-shoulder with volunteers, donors, and Habitat staff to build new homes and repair existing homes.
The Hammers with Heart Ministry of the Wayne Presbyterian Church and the St. John’s Church of Devon collaborate to support Habitat for Humanity through funding and a partnering of volunteers.
Rebuilding Together Philadelphia
RTP is a local, independent affiliate of Rebuilding Together, Inc., the nation's leading nonprofit organization providing critical home repairs, modifications, and improvements for America's vulnerable homeowners. Rebuilding Together Philadelphia was founded in 1988 by current board member Robert Bellinger and several of his fellow graduate students at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Wharton/Penn students continue to help 10 homeowners each year, taking on project management responsibilities for a Block Build in West Philadelphia each spring.
Wayne Presbyterian's Construction Ministry provides volunteers for the Rebuilding Together Philadelphia projects.